Is It Possible To Remove Mold On Your Own02/28/2014 Back To Blog
Mold is definitely one of the hardest and most obstinate stains you will find in your home. It is literally like a home pest that spreads at record speed and that appears out of nowhere. It is very sneaky and just when you think you got rid of it you are facing the next ugly apparition on your walls, tiles, grout…everywhere. The mold is definitely difficult to fight and almost impossible to beat. If you decide to fight the mold on your own you should be prepared for a very long, ugly and tiring fight. Mold will not go away immediately after you spray two drops of some miraculous commercial mold removal product so if that is kind of mold removal venture you had in mind you can forget about it. There is also one other factor that should play a crucial role in deciding whether you wish to fight the mold on your own or you wish the professional mold damage cleanup and repair professionals do it for you and that is the mold situation in your home. If you are coping with grout mold in your bathroom and in your kitchen then with proper and regular DIY mold removal, mold damage clean up and repair you might obtain quite descent results. Once you do obtain the results it is absolutely indispensable you proceed regularly with mold inspection since mold acts and reacts faster than you may think and especially when in direct contact with water.
When is it the time to call professional mold removal service providers?
One of the situations when you should definitely rely on professional service providers to perform mold remediation & decontamination is when dealing with black mold removal. Black mold unfortunately is much more than mere unaesthetic apparition on your exterior walls. Black mold typically appears on exterior walls due to bad insulation solutions and due to the increased humidity those walls are exposed to. Since the black mold usually affects greater wall surfaces and spreads relatively fast it is absolutely necessary for you to react timely and fight it since it may be potential hazard to your health. Mold and especially black mold are associated with allergy attack and in some case with mild and heavy intoxications. Mold is usually introduced in human organism through the air parcels i.e. quite often we inhale the mold spores which at more sensitive and susceptible individuals may cause the respiratory issues, allergy and asthma attacks. Another way we can introduce mold spores into our organism is by touching the mold with our hands or with some other part of bare skin.
In fact the high sensitivity of some individuals to mold spores is definitely one of the reasons when you should opt for professional and qualified mold removal services. Professional mold damage cleanup and repair will not only remove the mold and bad odor but it will also remove all the likely hazards to your health.